Quick Charge For iPhone XR

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by StuKatz1, Jun 4, 2019.

1. StuKatz1 macrumors member

Hey there,

Recently, I picked up an iPhone XR and have read into the quickcharge feature which sounds awesome.

What accessories are you guys using to make use of this feature? I find myself waiting far too long for my phone to charge at the moment, with what came from the factory with the phone.

Are you guys using third parties or Apple accessories?

Cheers!

2. parker5011 macrumors member

parker5011

You need apples USB-C to lightening cable and a power delivery usb-c Charger (30watts should do it)

3. TheIntruder macrumors 6502a

TheIntruder

If you already have an iPad or other 12W charger, that will charge a little less than twice as fast as the bundled 5W sugar cube.

An 18W USB-C charger will slightly faster than a 12W charger, but at this point, the cable and adapters still cost more, so the best bang for the buck is still a 12W charger.

No reason to go above 18W unless you have another device like a MacBook that needs the higher wattage; iPhones won't draw any more than what an 18W adapter provides.

I've linked articles with testing in the past; check my post history.

4. haruhiko macrumors 601

haruhiko

A charger with a USB-C port which supports USB Power Delivery (USB-PD), with 18w or more power supplied to the USB-C port. A lightning to USB-C cable (Apple or MFi).