Quick Display Help?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by HeritageQB11, Nov 28, 2008.

1. HeritageQB11 macrumors newbie

Well I just got a new Toshiba 32" LCD and decided to use it as a monitor. I am connected by a mini DVI to DVI coming from my Macbook then a DVI to HDMI to my Tv. I can get a the picture working fine on the tv and it looks great but I can only run it in mirror mode with my Macbook Screen on as well. What i would like to be able to do is have my Macbook's screen off with the lid open and the TV be my only monitor while still using my Macbook's keyboard and track pad until i get a wireless mouse and keyboard!

If any one can help me achieve this that would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks A lot.:)

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Turn the brightness all the way down until it turns off?

3. HeritageQB11 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ahh thank you, sometimes the solution is simpler then it seems lol!

I have another question I am needing some help on. When i get my tv running as my monitor all is well. i Like the fact i can switch inputs and come back to my computer without having to go to my display settings and re-detecting the monitor. I am wondering if it is possible to make my macbook automatically detect the Tv when it is turned on. right now when i turn my tv off and then back on i have to go into my settings and re-detect it. is there anyway i can have it detect it upon powering on the tv?

Thanks