Quick easy iPhone question

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Yoh, Jun 7, 2010.

1. Yoh macrumors member

1. Im using the old iPhone 3G 8GB. If i want to upgrade to the new one, 16GB, how much will it cost and when can I do it? My contract expries this coming Sept. Can I do it online and have it shipped to my door?

2. What will the no-contract price be for the new 16GB? Can I do it the day it comes out? Can I buy/do that online and have it shipped to my door?

thanksss

2. tshort macrumors regular

Dial *639# to see if you can get update pricing. I bought mine 2 years ago September, and I'm eligible.
    The keynote states the 16B iPhone will be $199. I don't know about your other questions, but you can probably guess the cost will be an additional $300 - $400. Ask your local AT&T rep.

3. Yoh thread starter macrumors member

so it says they can offer me an upgrade for a new 2yr commitment and waive the 18$.

So this means I can get the new iphone for what...? $199? or what? and can this be done online and shipped to me?

So if my contract is ending, upgrade is pretty much the same as buying a new one right?

4. saccento macrumors 6502a

saccento

you can renew your contract and get it for 199/299.
    you could pre order and have it delivered, or pick it up at the store on the 24th.

5. Yoh thread starter macrumors member

1. yes, i know, but if my contract is expiring soon, is there a difference between upgrading(what u are mentioning) and just getting a new one/new contract? its basically the same thing right?

2. how do i pre-order, can i do it thru the ATT account management page/update page? and when?

6. theITGuy macrumors 6502a

theITGuy

1 - No difference. Both result in discounted pricing if you are eligible and a 2 year contract.

2 - Apple takes pre-orders on the 15th...AT&T says coming soon on their ordering page...http://www.att.com/wireless/iphone/

Cheers.

-J.-