Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

UK users - Does 'Siri, Play Taylor Swift Style' work for you?

• Total voters

leerichards1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 9, 2012
There seems to be an issue with UK users not being able to ask Siri to play many songs. Siri responds 'Now playing....' or 'OK, let's hear.....' but no actual music is heard. Issue seems to affect only UK users, but Apple have advised that the storefront used shouldn't affect this process, which does make sense, but does seem to be the case from the few people I've been able to get to try it.

Songs that do work, work all the time and those that don't, never seem to play.

To get a wider response, I've added a quick poll so if you're in the UK (using a UK account) and don't mind searching for a Taylor Swift song :p, can you ask Siri to 'Play Taylor Swift Style' and answer whether your phone actually plays the track. I've already restored my phone and it didn't solve the issue.

Thanks.

magicMac

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2010
UK
There seems to be an issue with UK users not being able to ask Siri to play many songs. Siri responds 'Now playing....' or 'OK, let's hear.....' but no actual music is heard. Issue seems to affect only UK users, but Apple have advised that the storefront used shouldn't affect this process, which does make sense, but does seem to be the case from the few people I've been able to get to try it.

Songs that do work, work all the time and those that don't, never seem to play.

To get a wider response, I've added a quick poll so if you're in the UK (using a UK account) and don't mind searching for a Taylor Swift song :p, can you ask Siri to 'Play Taylor Swift Style' and answer whether your phone actually plays the track. I've already restored my phone and it didn't solve the issue.

Thanks.[/QUOTE

I think the issue is only effecting you. Works fine for me and I'm using a UK Account. Wow this song is ****.

Reactions: leerichards1

leerichards1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 9, 2012

Thanks for the response. Hmmm, odd that me and a couple of other users have the same issue, but if it works for you then that absolutely confirms it's nothing to do with having a UK account. Thanks again!

leerichards1

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 9, 2012
I think the issue is only effecting you. Works fine for me and I'm using a UK Account. Wow this song is ****.

Haha, I'm not a Taylor Swift fan personally, but this was one track that was initially highlighted as having some issues with Siri. My Siri probably thinks I'm obsessed with her :D

princessgleek

macrumors member
Jul 11, 2015
I haven't tried it for awhile but I was having this issue, all songs I tried bar one wouldn't play

magicMac

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2010
UK
If you weren't using Siri before then it doesn't have a very good profile of your voice and might not get what you say

shandyman

Suspended
Apr 24, 2010
Dublin, Ireland
I'm in the UK, have seen other people posting about not being able to play this song or a queen track, but I have no problem with either. Maybe it's a connection issue on the user end.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.