Quick Flash 8 Questions

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by iWinnipegger, Jul 10, 2007.

1. iWinnipegger macrumors regular

I've downloaded Flash 8 Professional for Macintosh; One Question, i'm used to XP keyboard shortcuts;

for example let's say on my PC i use F6 as a shortcut; how would i use it on a Macintosh (because F6 is num lock) same for the other function keys...

thanks for the help!

2. The Past macrumors 6502

Function keys become active only if you hold the Fn key down.

To assign keyboard shortcuts:

Go to System Preferences
    Then to Keyboard & Mouse
    Then to Keyboard Shortcuts

Click on the + at the bottom to create your own shortcuts. However, you may want to make sure you are not overwriting any common of default shortcuts. They are available here:

http://developer.apple.com/document....html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP30000361-TPXREF54

3. Artful Dodger macrumors 68020

Artful Dodger

If you mean would the F6 key do what you want "when" using Flash 8 then yes it will take precedence over the OSX hot keys. I use F8 (convert to symbol) in Flash 8 a lot as well as other function keys and it works fine. Just go into Flash Preferences then KB shortcuts and make a new set with the keys you use the most. Also check and make a list of what you will change just incase you don't like the outcome ;) Hope this is what you were thinking :eek:

4. iSee macrumors 68040

iSee

It sounds like maybe you are using an Apple laptop, where the F keys double for the screen brightness controls, volume control, num lock, etc.
    If so, read on:

You can activate the F key functionality by using the fn key: For example, if pressing F6 toggles numlock, then fn-F6 does the normal F6 action.

Alternatively, you can swap this behavior globally. Go to System Preferences -> Keyboard & Mouse --> Keyboard. Check "Use the F1-F12 keys to control software features." Now pressing F6 will perform the normal F6 action, while pressing fn-F6 will toggle the numlock. I prefer using this setting.

There's still an issue in Flash over the F9-F12 keys and Shift-F9 - Shift-12. These are used in OS X for expose and dashboard. In flash, though, I use Shift-F12 (Publish) and F9 (Actions) all the time, so I used Flashes preferences to map these to Opt-12 and Opt-F9.