Quick Gold crashed springboard, iphone stuck in Safe Mode

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by speedracer3000, Jun 20, 2009.

1. speedracer3000 macrumors 6502

It's happened twice already. Tried to install Quick Gold from Cydia 3.0 it crashed springboard and hung. First time I had to force restart the iphone but when the phone came back, it got stuck in Safe Mode and I can not get out of it no matter how many times I restarted the phone. I can't find any info on how to get out of Safe Mode I had no choice but to restore again with the pwn'ed firmware.
    The second time I tried to install it, it crashed springboard again (did not hang) and when springboard came back, it's stuck in Safe Mode again. :mad:

personally planning to stay away from Quick Gold for while until a stable update is released.

2. brbubba macrumors 6502

brbubba

I don't know why you would go anywhere near quick gold in the first place now that there is built in search. Anyway, I would do a restore at this point if you can't get the thing working.

3. doctor mac macrumors newbie

Quickgold has a number of advantage over the built in search. You can launch the last 6 apps used without having to type anything just by clicking their icons. Most importantly, it will allow you to launch apps that have their icons hidden or in a Categories folder. Built in search won't do that.

-Rob