Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

speedracer3000

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 29, 2008
It's happened twice already. Tried to install Quick Gold from Cydia 3.0 it crashed springboard and hung. First time I had to force restart the iphone but when the phone came back, it got stuck in Safe Mode and I can not get out of it no matter how many times I restarted the phone. I can't find any info on how to get out of Safe Mode I had no choice but to restore again with the pwn'ed firmware.
The second time I tried to install it, it crashed springboard again (did not hang) and when springboard came back, it's stuck in Safe Mode again. :mad:

personally planning to stay away from Quick Gold for while until a stable update is released.

brbubba

macrumors 6502
May 20, 2006
It's happened twice already. Tried to install Quick Gold from Cydia 3.0 it crashed springboard and hung. First time I had to force restart the iphone but when the phone came back, it got stuck in Safe Mode and I can not get out of it no matter how many times I restarted the phone. I can't find any info on how to get out of Safe Mode I had no choice but to restore again with the pwn'ed firmware.
The second time I tried to install it, it crashed springboard again (did not hang) and when springboard came back, it's stuck in Safe Mode again. :mad:

personally planning to stay away from Quick Gold for while until a stable update is released.

I don't know why you would go anywhere near quick gold in the first place now that there is built in search. Anyway, I would do a restore at this point if you can't get the thing working.

doctor mac

macrumors newbie
Jun 20, 2009
Quickgold has a number of advantage over the built in search. You can launch the last 6 apps used without having to type anything just by clicking their icons. Most importantly, it will allow you to launch apps that have their icons hidden or in a Categories folder. Built in search won't do that.

-Rob

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.