Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kingray

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 10, 2008
So one of the features I personally really need is the ability to quickly send an SMS to an entire group. While its nice that the iPhone can send a group SMS, why you can populate the to field just be selecting a group confounds me. The creator of ABGroups (an excellent app which can edit groups and quick load an entire group into an email address) said that the SDK does not allow you to create a program to load more than one contact at a time into the to field of an SMS. He was very vague on if that ability is expected soon or if he already has it and he is just waiting to release soon (probably because of the NDA).

Can someone here tell me if Apple will add that ability to the iPhone soon or if they will give that ability to the developers soon? I desperately need that. Thanks.

dnvw72

macrumors newbie
Aug 21, 2009
Hey Kingray,

It's been almost a year since you've posted this and I was wondering if you've found a solution or have heard back from Apple Developer support?

Thanks,

Damon

nhishamy

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2009
Select Group SMS or Group Texting

I also do group texting and it is a very tedious process to select one by one your contact. I wonder why Apple didnt let us sms by selecting the group. I guess that is one of the reason why we devide our contacts into group. We want to decide which is getting what. Hopefully APple will concentrating on the small problems like this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.