Quick Help Needed with 80gb Classic

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Knapman, Feb 4, 2008.

1. Knapman macrumors member

So i went from my old Zune to the 80gb Classic two days ago. I love it, much better then my 1gb Nano, only 74x bigger ; ). Anyways, i synced an album to it, and one of the songs stops playing like 1m40s into it, and then goes tot he next song. It doesn't do it in iTunes, so im kind of confused. Ive tried putting my iPod on manual song putting on...ing. And then removing the album then re-syncing it. Still does it though.

Anyone have any ideas?

2. Seanasaur macrumors member

Did you create the file yourself (as in personally ripped it into iTunes from a CD), or did it come from another source?

3. Knapman thread starter macrumors member

Errr, another source. ;)

4. Seanasaur macrumors member

The first thing I can think to suggest is that you convert the song into AAC from whatever format it's in now (right click; convert). If it's already an M4A, I guess your next option would be to burn the song to an audio CD and rip it into iTunes from that. What I don't understand is why iTunes has no problem with it, but your iPod does.

5. Knapman thread starter macrumors member

I converted it to AAC, which almost solved the problem, the song plays through, but where it stopped there is a beep/squeak. I guess Im just going to have to deal with it. :rolleyes: