Quick help, video conversion

Discussion in 'iMac' started by applefiend95, Mar 15, 2012.

1. applefiend95 macrumors regular

Hey guys,
    My friend and I are making a video. He is editing on his iMac, he is only able to export in .m4v but we NEED in .flv format. Can anyone tell me a way to do this?
    Thanks in advance

2. simsaladimbamba

In what application do you edit on your Windows PC (is it one?)?
    And why does it need to be in .flv format? What will be the final product and where will it be uploaded to?
    iMovie can export in a lot of other formats, though FLV is not one of them. For that, you can take a look at this thread.

3. applefiend95 thread starter macrumors regular

4. simsaladimbamba

Just out of curiosity, why does it need to be in FLV format? Maybe there is a simpler way? I just ask, because that application looks like many of the other applications, that get spammed here. And don't you have a Mac too?

5. applefiend95 thread starter macrumors regular

Well, its for a project, and the video criteria is that it has to be in FLV. thts all, and no its not gunna spam u, so far i have not been spammed. once ure done, uninstall, then reinstall when u need to.

6. simsaladimbamba

I have tried it myself, and the result was quite good. As it is free, it will probably less spammed, but the website just looks like one of those site, that get spammed here repeatedly, as probably this thread will have a spam post in the future due to its title and content.

Glad it worked out, even though I didn't really help you. Have a good evening/night.