Quick help with restoring to a new iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sneak3, Dec 28, 2016.

1. sneak3 macrumors 6502

Hey guys!

I got a new iphone 7 here with me and I would like to know if it's possible to transfer ONLY a few apps with their content, calendar and my phone contacts. That's it.

I would like to keep the system settings and everything else as fresh as possible, but obviously I cant afford to lose my contact list, calendar and 3-4 apps that have valuable content inside.

Any ideas?

2. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

With Apple restores from either iCloud or iTunes it's not possible to have fine grain control. It's either all or nothing unfortunately.

3. sneak3 thread starter macrumors 6502

Oh I see...no other way to restore though? Maybe individually backup the calendar, contact list and few apps NOT using itunes or icloud?

4. C DM macrumors Westmere

Your contacts and calendar can be stored with iCloud without a backup. As for apps, if some have iCloud sync then their data can be stored in iCloud without backup as well, but it depends on the apps and if they offer that. That way you'd just sign into iCloud after starting fresh and all that would be available.

5. deano1972 macrumors 6502a

deano1972

As already said contacts etc will be there once you log into your iCloud account again in your new phone. If you have keychain on as well that helps transfers lots of other stuff such as wifi passwords etc

What is iCloud Keychain?
    iCloud Keychain keeps your Safari website usernames and passwords, credit card information, and Wi-Fi network information up to date across all of your approved devices that are using iOS 7.0.3 or later or OS X Mavericks 10.9 or later.

iCloud Keychain can also keep the accounts you use in Mail, Contacts, Calendar, and Messages up to date across all of your Mac computers. And when you sign in to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and your other Internet accounts, iCloud automatically adds your usernames and passwords to all of your devices.