QUICK HENGE DOCKS AND 15 MBP (current) Quick Questions (Second Generation Dock)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by 2high2aim, Dec 12, 2010.

1. 2high2aim macrumors 6502

I want to buy the Henge Docks for my 15in MBP i7 HR-AG to connect to my TV.

My MBP has a Zagg Invisishield on it and will it fit or be too tight? What options do I have (either remove it [which I do not want to for daily protection] or would I be able to sand the sides of the actual dock? Or any other possible solutions that are do-able)

I have a griffin mdp to hdmi http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/video-display-converter <<thats the picture of what it looks like and it CAN carry sound through it my question is will it be able to fit inside the dock or do I need to buy Henge Dock product?

Thats about it I will be re-doing my bedroom soon so I need your help and opinions. If you want I will post pictures of the transformation :p.

BTW the link to HDs: http://preorders.hengedocks.com/

2. 2high2aim thread starter macrumors 6502

3. reebzor macrumors 6502a

reebzor

I doubt its going to fit with the shield thing on it, but to connect it to the tv you only need to plug in power and the mini-dp. I know it might not look as sleek as the Henge dock would, but why not just forget the dock and plug the things in manually?

4. kgeier82 macrumors 65816

Not if you want to close it. You need keyboard and mouse also.

5. 2high2aim thread starter macrumors 6502

I wish they had wireless HDMI :) but the reason why I wanted to get henge docks is become it looked so sleek but I would have preferred aluminum construction instead of the white material.

So Invisishield is pretty popular its by Zagg and its great to protect against scratches and daily ware also protects my MBP from my watch