quick...i need to go out and buy iPhone 6 plus cases...suggestion

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by maclove4life, Oct 21, 2014.

1. maclove4life macrumors regular

i'm getting my iPhone 6 plus delivered today...need something hardcore type..
    full protection, not easily worn out like otter box....but i would get otter box if it's out for 6 plus...but it's not.

i was thinking of spingen tough armor...but i don't know about this company.

What are your suggestions?

2. jkel777 macrumors 6502a

Are you wanting to go out to a retail store and buy a case? If so I'd suggest the Pelican Voyager. Offers protection similar to the OtterBox Defender, but should be readily available at your local AT&T store.

3. maclove4life thread starter macrumors regular

pelican voyager? could you give me your opinionated review (briefly about it)?

4. Jessem1133 macrumors 6502

Just go pick some up at the store and try them out. Or look thru the DOZENS of threads.

5. maclove4life thread starter macrumors regular

yeah..been doing that....i mean search through thread.

6. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

Spigen is a good brand in the case world, so dont worry if you have never heard of them

7. maclove4life thread starter macrumors regular

thanks! i'm not discriminative to grips/bulkiness...or whatever...i just need protection because i know i'll every once in awhile..or maybe hit on the side wall...

8. jkel777 macrumors 6502a

Unfortunately I haven't used it, but I've heard fairly good things about it on the forum. Like I said, it's like an OtterBox Defender.

If you're ordering a case and want something slim but protective, the Diztronic matte case is awesome. I just got mine yesterday and am loving it so far. Plus it's only $10 on Amazon.

Other than that, Speck is coming out with their CandyShell series for the 6 Plus very soon. I'm probably gonna get a Grip for my 6 Plus.

9. maclove4life thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks! it gives me some idea to help pick out a case.

10. jkel777 macrumors 6502a

No problem! I know it's tough to find the right case; I've gone through about 5-6 so far lol.

A few other things:

I've got the Incipio NGP coming tomorrow, which Wirecutter said is the best iPhone 6 case, and iLounge gave it a B+, so we'll see how I like it. That's another case to consider as well.

In my experience, Spigen has been terrible. Horrible customer service in addition to shipping delays. The Neo Hybrid that I eventually received was a pretty decent case (somewhat slippery) but the frame started to warp after install and removal. Asking Spigen for a return but I doubt they'll honor it. Again, this is just my experience.

11. maclove4life thread starter macrumors regular

lol i hear yah..but i can't go through 4-5 cases...too much money...lol.

12. jkel777 macrumors 6502a

Oh don't get me wrong, I didn't keep them all! I tried them out for about a week or so and then returned the ones I didn't want.

I currently have the Diztronic matte case (using it right now and love it), the Case Mate naked tough (stuck with this case because AT&T wouldn't accept the return because of some sort of exchange policy; pretty good case but very slippery), the Spigen Neo Hybrid (trying to return), and I've got the Incipio NGP coming tomorrow (looks pretty good).

13. maclove4life thread starter macrumors regular

you're right...i'll do that once my phone comes in today..and i'll shop around and try and return it. i hope to see what your thought is with incipio.

14. jkel777 macrumors 6502a

Good call. Just make sure you know the return dates for the cases.

I'll let you know my thoughts tomorrow.

15. kilcher macrumors 65816

kilcher

16. maclove4life thread starter macrumors regular

thanks!

17. jkel777 macrumors 6502a

Just received the NGP today and put it on about an hour ago. Feels really good so far. I'd go so far as to say that it feels better than the Diztronic case, most likely due to the NGP material. Feels more premium, in a way. I'd also say the fit is a little better. Buttons are just a tad harder to press on the NGP, but it's sort of a good thing; it's not difficult, but it won't accidentally press in your pocket. The cutouts are perfect. The lip is about the same as the Diztronic, which is a good enough lip for laying face down on the table and protecting the screen from impact. It's also easy to take on and off while still offering a good fit. Now, this isn't to say the Diztronic matte isn't a good case; it's a fantastic case for the price. But for $10 more, you get a case that IMO is a bit better than the Diztronic matte case. And at $20, it's still not that expensive for the protection it offers.

Either way, you can't go wrong. Both are solid options.

18. maclove4life thread starter macrumors regular

I'll tell you this..i just returned my pelican voyager even though it's good case...it's very hard to open...

Based on what you are telling me..I most definitely gotta this. I watched some review on youtube...
    the buttons are covered too, right? but not the mute switch?

19. jkel777 macrumors 6502a

Yeah, that was one of the complaints I had heard about with the Voyager. You probably don't need that much protection unless your environment requires serious protection of electronic devices.

There are definitely a few good video reviews on this case. Yes, the buttons are covered, and the mute switch is left open. Very easy to access that area. Bottom ports are open as well with good-sized openings. It's also very easy to take on and off while still fitting snug and offering good protection. It doesn't add a lot of bulk, either.

Wirecutter said it was the best iPhone 6 case "for most people." Lots of people don't need OtterBox-type protection. I agree with their assessment in that regard. This is definitely a great case and I'd highly recommend it.

20. maclove4life thread starter macrumors regular

thank again for your insight on this case..i'll more likely to get 2 cases....this would be one of them. Thanks a lot.

21. jkel777 macrumors 6502a

No problem. Glad I could help.

The way I do cases is one as a daily driver, and another as a more rugged, tough, and sometimes waterproof case for harsh environments. But I always end up buying more cases lol.

22. maclove4life thread starter macrumors regular

HAHA yeah i hear you!

23. AE14 macrumors 65816

AE14

I am in the same boat. I have a few rugged cases with one or 2 daily drivers

24. jkel777 macrumors 6502a

The only rugged case I've tried was the Griffin Survivor All-Terrain. Too many compromises for daily or even occasional use. I'm just waiting for a good waterproof case to come out now. Also still waiting for the Speck CandyShell Grip for the 6 Plus for some better protection.

25. AE14 macrumors 65816

AE14

UAG is a very solid, rugged case if you like the look of it.