quick iMessage question

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by bclizzle, Oct 13, 2011.

1. bclizzle macrumors 6502

can you add someone to an existing conversation? or do you need to start an entirely new chat?

like in whatsapp you can just add in a new person. i dont see the option anywhere.

2. Acronym macrumors 68000

from what I have read it is unchangeable once the conversation is started it cant be added to or taken from.

3. orange42 macrumors 6502a

It appears as if you can't, which is pretty annoying. They should definitely fix that with the next update, unless that will be a MAJOR selling point for the next iOS!

4. Jay42 macrumors 65816

Jay42

Good point - there's really no reason for iMessage to have any less functionality than email.

I am disappointed there's no WiFi only setting for iMessage. Why chew up my 2gb of data when I already have unlimited SMS? I know people are excited to cut down on their SMS usage, but AT&T only has one SMS plan (unlimited) and I still use enough traditional SMS's to make it worth while. And I'm definitely not going to be turning it on and off manually; I might just wind up turning it off! :mad:

5. chrismac2 macrumors regular

chrismac2

I read another article saying the amount of data the messages use is really really small, and should not affect data usage in a significant way....unless you're sending lots of movies and pictures, I suppose....

6. bclizzle thread starter macrumors 6502

just making sure i wasnt missing something.... shouldnt be a hard thing.... whoever initiated the chat should have a little + sign at the top to add in others, just like all the other messenger apps.