Quick impression from a newbie

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by AppleJuiceBox, Apr 18, 2015.

1. AppleJuiceBox macrumors member

So for the past week, i've been calling all three Apple stores in Montreal to see if they have them in stores.and during the whole week they did not have them until this morning I called the Fairview store and they told me that they didn't have it on display but that they had one in the back that they could bring out for me to try (really weird). Anyway I go to the store today and I ask to try it out...and it the lady brought one out from the back (a silver one :/) and I played with it while she supervised me lol...anyways

The first thing I need to note is how crazy thin it is. It also looks fragile, I mean such a small and thin display and a really small computer..maybe it was just me.

Second the keyboard. I was really optimist about the keyboard and from the review videos it looked pretty good, but the movement from the keys is REALLY small. I don't really like it..maybe because I didn't get to play with it all that much because the Apple Store lady was waiting for me to finish...but it was thinner movement than what I expect (still buying one lol)

Also, changed the resolution to make everything smaller and I barely noticed a difference. Is that normal?

2. hypno macrumors regular

Despite how it felt in your limited time with the device, I'm pretty sure anything you do to break this Macbook will more than likely break any other Macbook too.

3. shenan1982 macrumors 68040

shenan1982

People said the same thing when Apple went from standard keyboard to chicklet-style keyboards.... but now look back, when you type on the old fashioned keyboards it makes your fingers hurt. This is progress, and if anything will be imitated by the competition before you know it.

Regarding the scaling, are you sure you ran the gamut? If you went from the default to the most high-res, there's not as much difference from going from 1 to 6

4. newellj macrumors 601

Agreed, we tend to equate weight with strength. That really isn't an accurate correlation.

5. shenan1982 macrumors 68040

shenan1982

Yeah. Cause if weight = strength, we'd be cutting titanium with lead, and every diamond ring ever made would be shattered. LOL