Quick iPhoto Question!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by unknown87, Jul 25, 2007.

1. unknown87 macrumors regular

Though my albums and folders are all beautifully organised in iPhoto, my pictures folder is a mess, with many rolls being named "2342324" etc. People tell you to stay out of the 'Originals' folder, but can I rename folders in the "Get Info" pane?

Thanks

2. hanschien macrumors 6502

hanschien

In iPhoto, make sure that the top Library is selected and choose from the menu bar, View > Film Rolls. Next select the Roll you want to rename and click on the (i) button in the lower right corner of the iPhoto window. You can rename the Roll from there.

3. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

If you are using iPhoto you have to completely ignore the file structure inside of your iPhoto Library folder. Messing with it at all has the potential to damage your iPhoto Library

4. WntPCbak macrumors newbie

How to view/organize pix outside IPhoto

By mistake I deleted my source files in IPhoto. Luckly the picture are in a Recovered Pix file. How can I view the pix outside I photo? I would like to organize my pix into files before importing them into IPhoto. Thanks

5. M@lew macrumors 68000

M@lew

If you have the photos you can put them in the folder structure you want and then import them, referencing them instead of putting them into iPhoto. Keep in mind though that when you import them into iPhoto, you'll have to organise them in there as well.

6. skybolt macrumors 6502a

Doing all that organizing before you import into iPhoto is certainly the Windows way -- I suspect you are recent switchers! Let iPhoto do the work for you. Don't micromanage like you had to do in Windows. Macs are so much easier -- just let them take care of things and you will have a much better experience. There is no need to have your files in finder any way other than the way iPhoto wants to organize them. All of your photo work should be done from within the app itself. Emailing, exporting, etc. Never any need to go into finder, so organizing that in your own way is a waste of time.

Just organize within the app the way you want -- rename the rolls as hanschien said. Then make albums and folders for more precise organization. That's it! so simple. Relax and enjoy the mac way! That is the beauty of macs -- so easy!