Quick Jailbreak Question

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by surfer13, Nov 4, 2010.

1. surfer13 macrumors newbie

Hi all,I have never jailbroken my iphone 4 till now and I love it. I do have a question. When I open up cydia it asks it it can store my ECID number on the servers so I can restore my phone without problem or something like that,am I correct? I thought to undo a jailbreak all I have to do is just plug it into itunes and click restore. Any help would be nice.

Also It seems like my standby and usage counter in settings keeps restarting itself back to zero,is this because I re spring my dock? Thanks for your help.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Cydia can store you shsh's so you can downgrade or restore to firmware versions that Apple will not allow you to.
    Its always a good thing IMO to have the option to stay or go down to older versions since they took that away last year.
    And yes to undo the JB all you have to do is plug the phone to itunes and hit restore. It will put everything back to stock firmware.

3. fabian9 macrumors 65816

fabian9

You're right, in order to undo a jailbreak all you have to do is to plug it into itunes and click on restore.

However, Apple will only ever let you restore to the current iOS version (currently 4.1), not to any previous versions (such as 4.0.1 or 4.0). So if you ever find that you'd like to run 4.0 because of a bug in 4.1 that you just don't want to live with, Apple won't let you. UNLESS you get Cydia to store your ECID number (or you run TinyUmbrella). If you let Cydia store this info, you'll be able to downgrade to older firmware versions if you need to even after Apple has stopped "signing" older firmware versions.

Regarding your second question I'm afraid I have to pass...

4. surfer13 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for all the quick reply guys,I was worried I was going to be stuck with it.

Now if anyone knows why my usage and standby counter is reseting. It was working this morning,but I did re spring my winter board and when I went to check it again the indicators just had that line through it like I reset the iphone. So im thinking re springing is causing it to reset? Hope someone can shine some light on this,thank you.

5. steste macrumors member

yeah the data counters blank out when you respring.

There is no fix.

6. Rajani Isa macrumors 65816

Rajani Isa

Note - Cydia & Tiny Umbrella can only store versions currently being signed. So unless you had it set to store on 4.0, all it can store now is 4.1 until a week or two of 4.2 being out, at which point all they can newly store is 4.2.

But any they store they keep, so at this point you'll always be able to restore to 4.1.

7. sic2five macrumors member

So how do you actually restore to a older version using the Cydia method when it stores your info?