Quick jailbreak/update question

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jbarresi19, Mar 25, 2011.

1. jbarresi19 macrumors 6502

Ok so right now I am jailbroken with greenpoison on my iPhone 4 and 1st gen iPad. I didn't want to have the tethered jailbreak with 4.3 so I was just sitting tight and waiting. Now that 4.3.1 came out if they release a jailbreak for 4.3 will I be screwed? Is there something I coud have done? Cydia only shows me having blobs for 4.2.1

2. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

if your jailbroken on 4.2.1 still stay as you are do not update if you don't want to lose jailbreak...... if you have updated you will need to us Tinyumbrella's TSServer to downgrade to 4.2.1 and re-jailbreak.... as of right now there's no stable 4.3 jailbreak.... I tried a custom 4.3 bundle with pwnagetool but after a couple reboots using a tethered reboot program thingy it was not working properly. I also tried out ih8sn0w which again after a couple reboots threw all my icons out of wack.

3. jbarresi19 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks. But my question is since I am still on 4.2.1 will I have an issue if they come out with a jailbreak for 4.3 since 4.3.1 is out and I don't gave any blobs saved for 4.3?

4. QuarterSwede, Mar 25, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2011

QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Use TinyUmbrella to save your 4.3 blobs (Apple should still be signing it). You don't need to be on 4.3 to have the blobs saved. As long as TU says you have the blobs then you're safe. Cydia doesn't always show the current blob info. Mine didn't show up for a day or two after I had saved them with TU.

5. jbarresi19 thread starter macrumors 6502

Is it kinda the same method even if I'm not on 4.3?

6. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Not sure what you're asking.

7. jbarresi19 thread starter macrumors 6502

Lol never mind I got it. Thanks so much. I had no idea you could save shsh's of a firmware u weren't on. Thanks again!!!!

8. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

No worries. It's a very common misconception.