iPad Quick JB Question

WindWaker

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 13, 2011
USA
So, I (stupidly) installed the 'Fold to Unlock' Cydia tweak on my iPad, without reading the section where it stated that it would not work on an iPad. Now, I'm locked out of my homescreen, and I just wanted to know if there is any way I can get back in so I can kill the tweak (without, hopefully, having to restore).

Sylon

macrumors 68020
Feb 26, 2012
Michigan/Ohio, USA
Do you have "View on lockscreen" set on any of your apps? Preferably email or iMessage? If you do, you might be able to get back into your screen if you receive a new message.

I had that when Springtomize 2 got rid of my slide to unlock knob and I couldn't get back into my iPad. Luckily my friend sent me an iMessage right then and saved the day.

WindWaker

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 13, 2011
USA
Do you have "View on lockscreen" set on any of your apps? Preferably email or iMessage? If you do, you might be able to get back into your screen if you receive a new message.

I had that when Springtomize 2 got rid of my slide to unlock knob and I couldn't get back into my iPad. Luckily my friend sent me an iMessage right then and saved the day.
Thanks for the quick reply! Unfortunately, it didn't work tho :(

I think I'll just restore, as I've been wanting to use the 2.0.1 absinthe to fix the hanging issue. Thanks again, though

Last edited:

TheRacerMaster

macrumors newbie
Mar 18, 2012
No need to restore. If you have an up to date version of MobileSubstrate, you can fix it. Turn off you iPad, then turn it back on while holding the upper volume button.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.