Quick Look and MS Excel time format problem

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Rasremote, Nov 6, 2007.

1. Rasremote macrumors newbie

My daughter's soccer team schedule was sent out as an excel file attachment to an email for an upcoming playoff game by her coach. I decided to use Quick Look to view the excel file instead of the excel application itself. Quick look displayed the file accurately EXCEPT for the time which I later discovered was +1 hour from the real start time for her game.

Luckily, I only sent a note to the coach asking why the time he mentioned in his email, 1:30pm, was different than what I saw in the file which displayed by quick look as 2:30pm. As you might expect the coach was quite confused by my original message to him asking why the time in his email differed from the attached schedule. His reply prompted me to look at the attachment using MS Excel instead of Quick Look. This is when I realized there must be a bug somewhere in the Quick Look software.

This might only be a problem if the number format of the data is set in Excel to time rather than a general number format.

Has anyone else noticed a similar problem with the Quick Look feature and MS Excel files?

2. slippytoad macrumors member

Yep, I've seen that, just today, also soccer schedule ;-( Dammit, I was almost going to sent out an update to the team.