quick look for audio files

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Babyboi, Nov 27, 2011.

1. Babyboi macrumors regular

hello all, is there a script for 10.6.8 users where it is possible to preview an audio file using quick look to continue to keep playing when you switch applications? if i'm not mistaken, Lion has this feature.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

AFAIK, this capability doesn't exist in Lion or in any previous versions of Mac OS X.

3. ergdegdeg Moderator emeritus

ergdegdeg

If I'm not mistaken, even in Snow Leopard you can use Finder to find an audio file and click the triangle that appears when you highlight it in everything but list view.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

How does that keep it playing when you click on something else?

5. Babyboi thread starter macrumors regular

well i downloaded a version of Lion beta and it worked for me so thats how i had the idea of that feature.

ergdegdeg, that is true, but i can't really scroll through the track that way. thats what i really wanted to do. i'm going to login to my lion and try to see if it works. if not i'm trippin then

6. Babyboi, Nov 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2011

Babyboi thread starter macrumors regular

here is a video capture of my screen with audio to show you guys what i was talking about. maybe it was just in this build, but it worked for me. i don't think this was the final version of Lion. the build was 11A511. the audio finally stopped after i clicked over to another desktop using Mission Control. i find this a useful tool since i can preview it and continue to do other work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yilppV7JqzE

-----------

So anyone have a clue?