Quick Look on dual monitors driving me mad

Discussion in 'macOS' started by thequicksilver, Dec 7, 2007.

1. thequicksilver macrumors 6502a

thequicksilver

I love Quick Look in Leopard. Best new feature in X since Exposé IMHO.

However, when I've got my MacBook hooked up to my external monitor, it is on the verge of making me cry.

When I'm in a Finder window and Quick Look an icon, it appears in the centre of my laptop (primary) screen. Good. I want this to happen. This is where I want previews to be.

Things go wrong though.

When an item is on the desktop and I Quick Look it, it opens on the left hand extremity of my second display. This is bad. I don't want this to happen. Never have.

I move it to where I want it and close the preview. Then bring it back up again. Second screen. Repeat correction, repeat error.

This is incredibly frustrating.

Any tips?

Many thanks. :)

Example attached of second screen.

Attached Files:

2. adrianblaine macrumors 65816

adrianblaine

I don't use dual displays (yet), and the quick look box comes back to where I last placed it. Maybe it is just a bug in dual display mode? I can't think of a reason why it shouldn't come back in the spot you last left it.

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I can't help...I know shocker!! :eek: But can I just say that picture is awesome!

4. zakatov macrumors 6502a

zakatov

The problem is that it tries to pop up over the file that's being previewed, but if let's say the last time it was used on display #1, and this time on display #2, it kinda gets stuck trying to go from 1 to 2 and ends up on the edge of display #1. And vice versa

5. scottydude macrumors newbie

I have the same problem. It seems that, when in dual monitor mode Quick Look always defaults to the upper left hand corner of the secondary monitor. It is very frustrating. No matter where the file is (on the desktop or in Finder) it always goes to the upper left hand corner of the dual monitor.

6. CaptSaltyJack macrumors 6502

I'm having the same issue, it's driving me crazy!