Quick Look & The Dock...

Discussion in 'macOS' started by ArtOfWarfare, Jun 28, 2008.

1. ArtOfWarfare macrumors 604

ArtOfWarfare

Ummm...

I thought Quick Look was supposed to be one of the big features in Leopard.

I've been loving it defintely...

but it just occurred to me... that all of the document icons are the generic sheet of paper with an application icon on it.

Why?

It makes this Most Recent Document stack I just got via Tinker Tools well... less useful than I imagined.

And while I'm talking about the icons... why can't you quicklook straight from the dock?

I should be able to open my recent document stack, put my mouse over something, press the spacebar and have a preview of it pop right open.

Is there a way to suggest these features to Apple? Or is there a plug in that makes the stacks act more like a finder window?

Actually, that's like exactly what I want. I want stacks to be a simplified finder. I should be able to drag documents into folders in my stack by just dragging it over the icon and having the stack open (rather than having the finder open... with most of the window hidden below the bottom of the screen or behind the dock...) and...

UG!?

So much stuff I want! This is an Apple product! They're supposed to give me stuff I want before I even know I want it! I'm not supposed to ever even think "It's okay... but it would be better if...".

Where is quicksilver? I think this quicksilver thing I've been hearing about might do all this...

2. pjrobertson macrumors 6502a

You can report it to Apple, although they don't take 'feature requests' into account. :(

Quicksilver now lives at google:

http://code.google.com/p/blacktree-alchemy/

Quicklook inside QS is being made possible, (sort of) so you might be able to do it in the near future with one of tiennou's builds.

3. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

Agreed, voice your concerns to Apple however I think someone needs to yank the Mac from the OP and stick him with a Windows PC so he can appreciate how much great stuff was on his Mac that you can't get at all on Windows.:D
    Sorry if this is harsh but the Mac experience has created a lot of laziness for some users. Apple gives some great productivity features you can't get anywhere else (such as Quicklook) and yet people ask for more as if Apple hasn't done a thing to the OS.

I prefer to get more issues fixed and get a more efficient system which is what Snow Leopard should be about.

4. ArtOfWarfare thread starter macrumors 604

ArtOfWarfare

I wouldn't think of adding Quick Look and useful icons to the dock as a new feature...

I'd think of it as finishing what they started.

If Snow Leopard fixes all of the Dock's and Stack's flaws I think that'll be the tipping point where I decide it's good enough to buy.