Quick MS Office Question

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Rockoar, Oct 13, 2012.

1. Rockoar macrumors regular

Rockoar

When I bought my MBP I also bought Apple's iWork but I can't really say I like Pages... I tried to give it a chance but find it not as tooled as Office. I would like to buy Microsoft Office for Mac but I have this really quick and simple question. Is there any difference between buying a digital download copy or a retail box copy? In how many Macs would I be able to install it? Lets say it just allows me to install it in one Mac and lets also say I do but later on I buy a new MacBook Air and want to install it there, can I uninstall it from my first Mac and install it on the newer one? does it works that way?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

3. Rockoar thread starter macrumors regular

Rockoar

Well that didn't really help me... I would like to hear directly from someone that bought himself a copy of Office for Mac, which I think there's gotta be in this forum :)

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You asked what it allows you to do, not what you're able to do. You can install on 1000 computers if you want to. Whether the license agreement allows that is something else. That is best answered by the license agreement itself, which I posted, rather than any forum poster's opinion.

5. Rockoar thread starter macrumors regular

Rockoar

I imagine I'm not the only one here interested in buying Office, that's why I'm asking if someone had any experience buying a copy and caring to give me some info. based on their personal experience. I wasn't able to download nor read what you posted, somehow when Safari downloads it it says that the file can't be opened (I tried changing the extension to .pdf but still was unable to read it)

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Find End User License Terms for Microsoft Software

7. robanga macrumors 68000

robanga

Moving an MS Office license from one computer to another is really easy. I recently retired my older MBA for a new one and simply deleted it off the old one before i reformatted its HD, and use the MS activation process online to authorize it for the new one.