Quick New iMac Review Glossy Screen Issue too.

Discussion in 'iMac' started by cah87, Aug 13, 2007.

1. cah87 macrumors regular

Hey i got my new iMac and i absolutely love it. Honestly when i first pulled it out it really was like a mirror. However once you turn the thing on you have no problems except where the black outline is. You honestly can't see any reflection in the screen just a small bit in the black part for me at least. The speed is amazing i transfered my iTunes music in no time flat faster then the PCs' i own and the specs are the same!!! Also the Speakers are amazing, i really can't describe it it is louder and and clearer then the old iMac and frankly just as clear as my bose sound dock. There also is a magnet on the front of the iMac for the remote. It is on the right side of the screen near the bottom of the screen, I'm not sure if it is the true spot for the remote but it does stick. I have also heard that it could be a hard drive but i don't know and until i get a real answer i will not place mine on that spot.

Any other questions let me know!!:apple:

2. Alloye macrumors 6502a

I watched a couple of DVDs on mine last night and also thought the speakers were pretty good for built-ins. Dialog was especially clear.

3. paetrick macrumors regular

Congrats, I got 5-7 days before it will be sent from CHINA :S, I'll get mine in 2 weeks, wää :(

4. mzd macrumors 6502a

the hard drive is smack in the middle of the screen (take apart photos) so you are safe with the remote along the edges.
    congrats! hoping for mine to get here end of this week/early next :D

5. rainydays macrumors 6502a

You'll probably get it before then. Mine was supposed to ship on friday, but it's already prepared for shipment. And delivering the computer usually don't take a week.

6. BennyK macrumors 6502

Maybe you wont have to wait that long.
    I ordered Tuesday night (8/7).

Mine shipped from China on Friday 8/10 and arrived at my house in Wisconsin on Monday 8/13.

Now I just have to wait until I am out of work to go see it!!!!!

7. blueicedj macrumors 6502

I think the shipping takes longer if you order a bluetooth keyboard with your iMac

8. cah87 thread starter macrumors regular

thanks for the comments guys I'm putting my remote on now lol

9. Craiger macrumors 6502a

Craiger