Quick note: loving Outlook 2011 over Entourage 2008

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by 147798, Jul 18, 2012.

1. 147798 Suspended

I use my personal Mac at my company (PCs are the only supported standard), so I don't generally chase the newest software, since I have to be my own helpdesk. But, they updated their Exchange server, so I had to either go to Entourage web services, or Outlook. Since I couldn't get EWS to install, I decided this was the time to move to Office 2011 from 2008.

Wow! What a difference! Loving the ribbon bars on the office apps, and am just loving Outlook vs. Entourage. It all seems to be running a little slower than 2008, but much more functional, so it's a tradeoff I'll take. And since my 2009 MBP is getting a little long in the tooth, an upgrade will likely mean I get my performance levels back.

Nicely played MS. For once (lol).

(p.s. would you please release an MS Office for iOS already!)

2. CoMoMacUser macrumors 6502a

3. al2o3cr macrumors regular

Note that you can also connect to modern versions of Exchange with Apple Mail / Calendar / Address Book; I don't have enough experience with Outlook to pronounce it better or worse, but it's free and already installed on your machine. :)

4. 147798 thread starter Suspended

Yes, I did know that, but I wasn't sure that I wanted to coordinate all 3 apps. I like them rolled into one (Outlook) and since my iOS devices also synch to the Exchange server, I didn't feel the need to use Apple's 3 apps, and clog up my doc, and switch between them.