quick pole needed on macbook air vs macbook pro retina (not the lower models...please

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by beaumk, Dec 5, 2013.

1. beaumk macrumors member

so i have about a 3 hours to decide.
    lately, my current MBA*13 256 2013*keeps unexpectedly shutting down. i think it hiccups with many tabs on browser and stuff.
    didnt have any problem with old MBA*13 128 2010.
    since*today*is last day i can return it, i'm thinking about getting MBPr 256gb 8gb ram.

no i am not a professional photographer.
    i do play some games on the computer. right now mostly league of legends.
    (who knows what will come up in the future with better graphic game with this much of addiction?)

because i bought this one at saled price, im looking about $330 more dollars to spend.
    oh, and i will be using same computer for at least 4 years.

im guessing 8gb ram will become basic requirement for the os in next few yr. or not

i read many reviews and comparison between these two models. but no one does comparison on higher end version.

so*
    1. keep this one MBA 13 2013 256GB 4GB ram 1.3GHz
    2. exchange with MBPr*13 2013 256*8gb ram 2.24GHz

thank you

2. andyACEcandy macrumors 6502a

I'd go with the rMBP... it'll be more future proof too. Plus, a new MBA is about to be announced soon. The 8gb vs 4gb of ram is pretty awesome... even if you're not a heavy user, you'll notice a difference. Also, should you ever want to resell, you'll get a lot more people interested in your rMBP than you would your MBA.

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

the 8gb is a big plus and the retina screen is gorgeous so go for the rMBP. :)