Quick Porting Question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nburwell, Dec 22, 2008.

1. nburwell macrumors 68030

nburwell

Ok, this may be an obvious answer, but I just want to be sure before I go ahead with it.

Long story short: I'm with Verizon, and I'm on AT&T's web-site to order a new 8gb iPhone 3G. I am going to port my number, but my question is this. When does my service cut off with Verizon? Obviously, if I order the iPhone tonight, it probably won't be here until Friday. I still want to use my VZW Blackberry until the iPhone arrives. So does my VZW service stop once the iPhone is in my hands and I activate it?

I know, dumb question. I just figured I would ask since I don't want to be without cell service for a few days. Thanks!

2. Opie macrumors 6502a

Opie

Your iphone will not be activated until you connect it to itunes and follow the prompts. There will be a section where it ask you if you want to port your number from another carrier. Enter your cell phone number and have your verizon account number handy. Very easy process. After activation your iphone should work within the hour. They will give you a 24-72 hr window but mine has always been instant.