Quick PowerMac G4 Questions

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by Bjerre, Jul 20, 2008.

1. Bjerre macrumors member

Hello there,
    I've got a few quick questions:
    1. Today I bought my dad a PowerMac G4 dual 1.42ghz, with 2gb of ram, 180gb hard drive, a 17" Apple LCD display (the acrylic type) keyboard, mouse, running 10.3.9 and the Nvidia Gefore4 128mb graphics card for $350USD. Is this a good deal, I mean, for my pop he needed something better than his iMac 233mhz running 10.0.0. I just want some conformation, thanks?

2. It has no WiFi. I found this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833127084 but if some of you could help point me in the right direction to a sub $30.00 WiFi didgeridoo?

3. I sold my MacBook a while back, with no discs, I couldn't find them when I sold it. (Discs are Tiger). Can I use those install discs for my pops computer even though they are for a lappy.

Cheers!

-Bjerre

2. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

1: Good deal

2: Consider stringing ethernet cable, it'll be faster and more reliable. USB WiFi dongles are all over the map as regards Mac compatibility. Don't buy one unless it specifically says Mac OSX compatible, or you have a reliable online report on that exact model number.

3: No, the laptop OS and iApp disks absolutely will not work. It's a completely foreign machine to the G4, the software will not have the right code for the G4.