Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bonolee

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 15, 2007
Hi, I have an iPhone with bootloader version 3.9_M3S2, currently with 1.1.2. firmware. Never jailbreak or unlock before, and "legally" activated with AT&T, and signed a contract. I tried to jailbreak and unlock yesterday because I want to use it overseas during the holiday. I followed one of the many guide to downgrading the firmware to 1.1.1, and used iNdependence, installed installer.app, updated to 1.1.2 and jailbreak 1.1.2, and finally used anySim 1.1.2u to unlocked the phone (btw, anySim said unlocked successfully), and everything went smoothly except there was "no service" on the upper left corner of the phone. So I reset my phone to factory setting (which is with 1.1.2 firmware and modem_04.02.13_G), and I want to unlock it again. However, I want to clear something up first, before I go further. Here are my questions:

1) After I jailbreak 1.1.2, and before run the anySim 1.1.2u, should I MUST turn on the airplane mode, and then run the anySim ??

2) After I unlock my phone, can I still use the visual voicemail feature with my "registered" AT&T sim card??

3) Assume I already unlock my phone, Should I install the iWord with my AT&T sim card in it now? Or should I do it when I arrive overseas with the sim card from local carrier? Also, do I need to run the anySim again with the sim card from oversea??

4) When I come back from overseas, do I need to run any program again with my AT&T sim card?? (or just simply swap back the sim card and use it?)

I am appreciate all of your savvvvvy users' help~~~~~ :)

polishmacuser

macrumors 6502a
Jan 17, 2007
Los Angeles
ok the reason why it says no service is because you either have to activate it by spoofing it use independence its out of beta form so install the new one. Or just reboot your phone by turning it off and on again. And install iworld just incase. Besides that your fine and once you restore the phone you have to unlock the phone again. OH and thats it. You cant use visual voicemail on a different sim card only at&t since its a network thing. Besides that your ready to go better yet ust look around for directions like i.unlock.no or modmyifone.com :) enjoy Europe or where ever your going :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.