Quick question about an iphone plan

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Matt H, Jul 10, 2008.

1. Matt H macrumors newbie

Right now i'm on a family plan with 2 other phones. Can i just purchase an iphone and keep the exact same plan i have now? I don't want to get a data plan right away, i want to see how much i would actually use the internet and go from there. To clarify, can i keep my non-smart phone plan (voice and 200 txts/month) and have that apply to the 3g iphone or do i need to sign up for some other sort of plan? If that is the case i will not be getting it.

QUICK RESPONSES ARE APPRECIATED!

2. off in the wood macrumors regular

as of right now, it is a must that you have the data plan with the 3g iphone

3. Matt H thread starter macrumors newbie

You're saying that there is no way that you can just use it like a regular phone and add a data plan later?

4. BlueKari macrumors newbie

I'm pretty sure that 2 year commitment you agree to includes having the Data plan as well ;)

5. off in the wood macrumors regular

No way, sorry bro

6. Matt H thread starter macrumors newbie

I need an answer to this, so i'm bumping it. If i'm already part of a family talk plan that has texting how much more TOTAL per month will the iphone cost me?

7. retrospects macrumors regular

i have a question

ok so what if i switched to att and got a family plan with my wife, its under her name but i have an iphone...
    she wants to get the i phone 3g now will it still be 199 - 299 for both of us?

8. Loonytik macrumors 6502a

Loonytik

$30- Data Plan, No way around it.

9. Matt H thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you loonytik that is all i wanted to know :)