Quick question about AppleCare+ and Jailbreaking

Discussion in 'iPad' started by S13eric, May 21, 2012.

1. S13eric macrumors newbie

Does Jailbreaking apply to AppleCare+? I really want to jailbreak my iPad but also don't want my $100 AppleCare+ to get voided. Of course, if I ever needed to bring my iPad into Apple I would get rid of jailbreak, but just wanted to know if anything can go wrong.

2. Kralledr macrumors member

3 times i got a replacment ipad because of blacklight bleeding and i did not remove the jailbreak te genius at the shop even not complailed about it ... so you can saflely jailbreak :)

3. S13eric thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks man! :D

4. Satnam1989 macrumors 65816

Ya genius won't complain unless you going in to the Apple Store to complain about some software related issues, then they will not service it most likely as its not running original apple OS and has been modified (Jailbroken). But for things like screen light issues....they won't complain

In the future if u truly need to take in your iDevice and it is jailbroken but your going in for software related issues not Hardware/Physical then all you have to do is simply restore the device via iTunes to its original state prior to bringing it in. Its simple and your Warranty is magically restored instantly lol