Quick Question about AppleCare

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by andrewdale, Feb 21, 2008.

1. andrewdale macrumors 6502a

I know this will only take a short time to be answered, so when I know, I can delete this. I don't want anyone screaming at me because I didn't do a search.

YES! I'm Lazy! :)

However, I'm one of those "waiting for a MBP update" members, but I can only wait so long. If nothing happens on Tuesday, then I'm going to have to buy. I would love to be able to buy a cheap/refurb model and then sell it on eBay when the update comes, so that's always an option.

However, I just noticed that using Amazon's mail-in rebate, it's cheaper to get a new model from them than to get a student model or even a refurb from the Apple store (after taxes).

My question is, say I just decide to keep the MBP that I buy from Amazon, will I be able to buy AppleCare for it?

Thanks.

2. paul.b.davis macrumors 6502

paul.b.davis

You can buy applecare for any mac that is is still supported, even if you just found a MBP out on the street, you could get applecare on it

3. skyrider007 macrumors 65816

skyrider007

Yep, remember to buy it within the first year after you've bought it. :)

4. andrewdale thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah, I remember the one year thing.

However, it'd be nice to be able to see it as "still within warranty and still eligible for AppleCare" when the redesign/update/whatever happens, if/when it happens.

Thanks!