Quick Question about AT&T Mobile Share Plan

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thecore762, Oct 31, 2014.

1. thecore762 macrumors regular

Hi guys, I currently get 28% Discount with my FAN account through my corporate, my question is if I switch to the AT&T Mobile Share will I still get 28% off my bill? I want to make sure before I switch. :eek::apple:

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

3. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

Quick Question about AT&T Mobile Share Plan

IIRC. The discount only applies to the data chunk, not the phone access chunk.

On the old grandfathered plans, discount applied to both access chunk, and data chunk.

E.g.
    $40 for voice, $20 for data, $ 10for sms.
    Discount applied for voice and data chunk.

Now.
    $40 for data, $40 to add smartphone
    Discount ONLY apples to data chunk.

4. Pepsidude macrumors newbie

You will only get the discount on the main line, not on the add-a-lines from the family...

5. TSKY74 macrumors regular

TSKY74

If you log into your account and choose change plan, it should show what discount savings you should receive before you would need to confirm a change.

I tried yesterday to go from unlimited to the 10gb share plan. My 21% discount showed I would have saved $21 on the $100 10gb plan. Doesn't discount the $40 device charges, so I'd be paying about $160 (before taxes) compared to my $109 (after taxes) for two unlimited phones on Family share, so I didn't change plans.

6. thecore762 thread starter macrumors regular

I see, the problem atm is that my other line (mothers) keeps going over her monthly data every single month...she has 2GB data, thinking about just adding 1GB extra and that should fix the problem. So my bill would be $131 after taxes.

The thing is, we currently just have 700 minutes shared, unlimited data & text for me, she does not have text....

The big deal is the data atm.

I keep getting close to 5GB, if I go over 5GB they keep slowing my connection and its impossible to deal with.

BTW I checked the online tool and if I go with the 10GB Share plan it would be $152 before taxes...which I think its not too bad. (it includes the 28% Discount)
    I am going to call retention and see if they can sweeten the deal later today when they open since today is the last day for the Mobile Share Plan...

Also my mom just upgraded to iPhone 6 today, so we are going to the Apple Store to pickup her phone in the AM....I am sure her data usage will go up too with the new iPhone.

I'd say 7GB data for me and 3GB data for her would be close...I'd rather go with the 30GB but its overkill for us...the pricing is not friendly.
    I wish they still offered the 20GB for 10GB option....shame on me for not seeing it early last week...

The good thing is with my company I get free activation so I won't have to pay $40 to activate her phone.. (got mine waived when I got it last month)

7. Yardman1977 macrumors member

700 minutes sounds like the grandfathered rollever plan..u shudnd need more minutes..just call retentions and tell them u almost go over every month and ask for 2000 bonus minutes.......and 2 gigs data.. For 20 bucks minus yor fan has been gone for a few years too....and free activations too? Dont ever give up that plan. Your all set.......especially if att is forced to stop throttling

8. FloridaGary macrumors regular

I still receive my 24% discount on ATT Mobile Share

9. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Mentioned Verizon's deal of 10GB for $80 and 15GB for $100. ;)

10. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

I would definitely call and ask. Before I left AT&T for TMobile recently, I called and a very helpful associate ran quite a few numbers with me, trying to get even within $15 a month of the TM deal I was switching to versus my grandfathered AT&T plan so I could stay with them. One of the issues she ran into was in fact, my FAN discount--only certain data plans were eligible, and changing to anything that more closely matched my actual usage lost me the FAN discount, which in turn raised my bill.

She mentioned that some FAN setups were like mine and others weren't--so it's worth finding out before you make any changes.

11. thecore762 thread starter macrumors regular

Okay, so I called today the retention team, I told them sprint offered a much better deal. I was looking to go with the 10GB plan at most....and that was the max!

The rep was really nice, she offered me the 15GB plan with the double 30GB....I told her the deal was not really good enough, so she made the deal sweet for me, she gave me a $175 credit to my account and basically that means no bill next month and about $40 credit for the next bill after....I took the deal, after the that I will probably consider moving to the 10GB...but I'll take this deal for now and see how my usage is....
    My speeds are now doubled! 45mbps down and 27mbps up!

I guess they were really slowing me down when I was on the unlimited plan.

BTW if I keep the above plan now it will cost me about $178 before taxes...which is not bad.

Happy with the change...

BTw after an hour I looked my account and the retention rep put me in the 100GB plan and I was like WTF! So I called the billing department and had them adjust that and put me back to the 15GB to 30GB promo plan....after people change stuff be sure to double check your account online to make sure its done properly!

12. pdxmatts, Nov 1, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2014

pdxmatts macrumors 65816

pdxmatts

Wouldn't your total for a 10gb Mobile value share plan 2 lines be $100 for 10gb data and $15 per line for $130? Then your discount off of $100 would be $79 and $15 per 2 lines would total $109 before taxes?

Or you could get a 15gb plan doubled to 30gb for $132.70 per mo before taxes. You should do a chat and see what your total would be.

13. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

We had 3 lines of service, one 2GB and 2 unlimited. Now under 15->30GB mobile share, each line receives the discount.

14. TSKY74 macrumors regular

TSKY74

Your statement would hold correct, however, because I upgraded with the new 6's in September under contract, my devices are $40. I tried to get AT&T to drop it to $25 or $15 per device but they wouldnt. So I will stick with my current $109 for unlimited data in 2 devices.

15. mtneer macrumors 68020

mtneer

That would hold true if all your phones were out of contract. Otherwise you pay $40 for contract or Next price per line on top of whatever data you choose.

My old plan charges only the parent line the full $80 plan rate. All additional phones are $9.99. UDP is $30 each totaling to ~$150 plus some taxes. Mobile share with 10GB (same as 2*UDP's) costs $100 + 2*40 = $180 plus taxes. It only makes sense if I pay off the phones or buy outright without contract.

Unlimited talk means nothing to me since I don't even hit 400 minutes a month, so pretty much anything they can offer is unlimited talk for me.

16. pdxmatts macrumors 65816

pdxmatts

I see. I didn't know that you had bought your phones subsidized. Makes sense now.

17. Yardman1977 macrumors member

T