Quick Question about Cydia and stored SHSH

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by UCLAKoolman, Sep 6, 2010.

1. UCLAKoolman macrumors 6502a

Can anyone tell my why Cydia would have my 4.0.1 SHSH on file if I have iOS 4.0.0 installed on my iPhone? Its strange that Cydia wouldn't have the 4.0.0 SHSH saved.

Anyways, thanks to the help of some of the posters here I used Tinyumbrella to download my 4.0.1 SHSH to my computer and also have that version of the iphone firmware downloaded in case I need to restore.

I've been loving my jailbroken iPhone 4!

2. sidewinder macrumors 68020

sidewinder

If Apple was no longer signing iOS 4.0, Cydia would still get a 4.0.1 SHSH for your device even with iOS 4.0 installed.

S-

3. bytethese macrumors 68030

bytethese

Not strange at all, if Apple was currently signing 4.0.1 when you launched Cydia, it saved your SHSH for 4.0.1. Cydia's stored SHSH's have nothing to do with which iOS version you have on your iPhone.:)

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

And that same question is asked every day.
    Im on 4.0 how does cydia save my 4.0.2 SHSH's?

5. UCLAKoolman thread starter macrumors 6502a

Sorry dude. I've been frequenting the hacks forum for the last month and haven't seen that question answered.

Thanks to those who replied. Makes sense now since I jailbroke after 4.0.1 was released. I imagine I'd need to restore to 4.0.1 if it ever comes to that. No big deal... my signal bars will just turn to crap.

6. iPhone-power macrumors 6502a

I think "thelatinist" made some sort of hack for those on 4.0.1 to put their signals back to 4.0 function (in case you ever need it).

It was posted in a thread here some weeks ago.