Quick- Question about iLife for MBP

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by T34418leONE, Dec 20, 2010.

1. T34418leONE macrumors member

Quick question-

I bought a used MBP off a friend and I want to swap the hard drive out for a new one today and fresh install copy of Snow Leopard.

I do NOT have access to the original instal discs which is why Im asking about iLife once I install Snow Leopard.

I believe that Snow Leopard does NOT include iLife programs, correct? Will I need to purchase a copy of iLife? I bought a $29 copy of SL not the $100+ one.. If I do indeed have to purchase iLife which is fine, can I just purchase an older copy?

Have a nice day and THANKS in advance!

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

You will need to purchase iLife. Apple only sell the current version. If you want an older version you'll be hitting up eBay.

3. T34418leONE thread starter macrumors member

4. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

Just a note, depending on how quick you're looking to put iLife to use, the Mac App Store will have the apps available individually starting Jan 6th, which should be a good value unless you do actually use all of the iLife apps (in which case just buy the full set now). Just something else to consider.

jW

5. T34418leONE thread starter macrumors member

Oh yeah, I forgot about the Mac App store... I guess I should wait first to see what exactly I should bother spending $ on. I do want iPhoto and iMovie for sure but I could do without the rest personally.

Thanks for the reminder.