Quick Question about interference.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by NeoLink, May 8, 2007.

1. NeoLink macrumors member

NeoLink

My friend is having problems with his wireless house phone causing interference with his wireless router. I suggested turning on Signal Robustness, but I'm afraid I don't know how to get to that option (in order to tell him)

Could someone tell me a detailed instructions of how to get to said option? Or perhaps another way to fix the problem?

He's running on a Macbook and has a 2Wire router.

2. lamina macrumors 68000

lamina

Interference robustness is (to my awesome knowledge) only available for Apple Airport base stations.

Anyway, tell your friend to click the airport icon un the menu bar at the top of the screen. They can then choose to enable interference robustness.

3. NeoLink thread starter macrumors member

NeoLink

How is he supposed to do that without an AirPort Base Station? Or were you just telling me that last bit for referance?

4. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

If the wireless router has it available, have them switch frequencies. My Belkin is selectable at either 2.4 or 5.8 GHz, and since my phones are 2.4, the router is set to 5.8.

Phones aren't (normally) selectable, and I wouldn't waste time looking for it on that end.

5. lamina macrumors 68000

lamina

I don't know what I was thinking with that last post... sorry about that.

Anyway, I second the option that JohnNotBeatle recommended, changing channels on the router. This will likely fix the interference problem. I don't know why I didn't think to say that, since I've had this same problem in the past.

Anyway, let us know what works.