quick question about iPhone4s antenna

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by phantoms81, Oct 6, 2011.

1. phantoms81 macrumors newbie

my work place has really weak signal range for AT&T.

I could move to verizon since my contract is over, but since I want to use AT&T's fast downloading speed,I want to stay on AT&T.

Will this new antenna system on iPhone4s will catch signal better than iPhone4? or it has nothing to do with signal.

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

In theory, it should have better signal reception than the iPhone 4.

3. Mr.C macrumors 601

I don't think it necessarily improves the signal strength but prevents the signal from degrading when the antenna is covered due to holding the phone in a particular way.

4. deeddawg macrumors 604

If you're in a weak signal area, you won't see anywhere near the max speeds to begin with, no matter what carrier. I wouldn't get your hopes up for a whole lot of difference.

5. phantoms81 thread starter macrumors newbie

my co-worker has verizon, and he has no problem with signal.
    only AT&T ppl have problems. T-Mobile works fine too.

6. deeddawg macrumors 604

Sounds like a no brainier decision then, go with the carrier with the best signal in the places you need to use your phone. Due to varied tower locations than can change drastically over short distances. At my house Verizon and sprint are awful while AT&T is fine, but a half mile down the road they're all at full signal. Go figure.

7. JRoDDz macrumors 68000

JRoDDz

Go with the company that has the best signal in the area where you would be using the phone the most. That being said, AT&T could make improvements and put up a cellular antenna near that location. My house used to get crappy coverage and all of a sudden I get spectacular signal. AT&T put up a new tower nearby :)

8. phantoms81 thread starter macrumors newbie

ty guyz i think i will go for verizon then =)