Quick question about jailbreaking

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by cujoca, Jan 6, 2008.

1. cujoca macrumors regular

Can i jailbreak a touch that already has 1.1.2 installed or do i have to downgrade to 1.1.1?

Thanks in advance!

2. polishmacuser macrumors 6502a

polishmacuser

3. cujoca thread starter macrumors regular

i'm kind of a noob at this but how exactly do you downgrade? I've read other forums on this site about how to but the tech lingo is just out of my league!
    If someone could dumb it down for me that would be GREAT!

Thanks in advance!

4. OrangeCuse44 macrumors 65816

OrangeCuse44

Just search for and download firmware 1.1.1. Save it to your computer (im assuming Mac). Then connect your iPod and in iTunes hold down the option key and click check for update. Locate the downloaded firmware and select. You will now have version 1.1.1

5. Oh My Chester macrumors newbie

look on youtube for how to downgrade ipod touch and youll find them, theyll dumb it down for you :D
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=wLFiUCq7IHc this guy is pretty good at this, so try to use it

6. cujoca thread starter macrumors regular

thanks everyone! I got it and it works, but now after it's been jailbroken under 1.1.1 can I then upgrade to 1.1.2?

Thanks in advance!

7. t0mster macrumors newbie

You bet you can!
    Just goto the installer, and make sure to install the Oktoprep package. Then you can update from iTunes to 1.1.2
    After you update you need to download http://rapidshare.com/files/72237156/1.1.2-jailbreak.zip
    that zip file and extract it somewhere on your computer. Then run either windows.bat if you're on windows or jailbreak.jar (i think are the filenames) if you're on a mac. Make sure your ipod is connected to your computer and itunes is CLOSED. and it will jailbreak it again on 1.1.2. If you have more questions, check out this page