Quick question about MacPro Purchase

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Cryptography, Dec 6, 2006.

  1. Cryptography macrumors newbie

    Apr 21, 2006
    I was going to buy a 2.66Ghz/2GB/X1900 but I now have the opportunity for a great deal on a 3Ghz/4GB/X1900. Only difference is it is used....I have never purchased a used computer before and am a little hesitant. Any drawbacks to doing so? It is 3-4 months old so, I assume the 1 year warranty would transfer and it would be eligible for Applecare. Appreciate any thoughts on this.
  2. Cromulent macrumors 603


    Oct 2, 2006
    The Land of Hope and Glory
    If you are sure the source is trustworthy and you get all the official documentation etc then I don't see why not. Ask to use the computer before you buy it though and run a few memory / stress tests on it as well to make sure there is no duff RAM in it.

    Also make sure you get all the CDs / DVDs that came with it.
  3. slughead macrumors 68040


    Apr 28, 2004
    I agree.

    Even if you can get everything repaired that is broken, Apple SUCKS for repairs. I have a G5 2.5ghz that's been in the shop for 5 MONTHS awaiting parts.

    Rest assured that you will never see that computer again if you have to send it back to Apple.
  4. Cryptography thread starter macrumors newbie

    Apr 21, 2006
    Thanks for the input. My gut tells me the same thing. Even though I get the 3Ghz for the price of the 2.66Ghz, the thought of warranty hassles makes me hesitate on pulling the trigger. Thanks again.

Share This Page