Quick Question About my GF 13" Macbook Pro and Mine (Screen Model Difference)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by PhixionFilms, Jul 1, 2009.

1. PhixionFilms macrumors 6502

Hey I just purchased the 2.53 Ghz 13" MBP four days ago from the apple store. Well my Gf just ordered hers about 5 days ago and it arrived today. She has the 2.23 Ghz MBP, 2 gb, 160 gb hdd and she also bought hers new.
    I opened up and checked what screen model i have and it is different then hers. Mine is 9C9E. Which i thought was the updated screen.
    Well hers is 9CBD. Im very confused.
    Does anyone know the difference in screens? Should she have got the updated screen like I did?
    Any help Much Appreciated.

2. cababah macrumors 68000

They are both "upgraded" just different model panels. There are several different panels being used in the new 13" MBP.

3. PolySciSurfer macrumors 6502

Do blues look purple on your macbook pro screen?

4. Yairp macrumors newbie

How do you know they're blues then? maybe they really are purple?

5. cababah macrumors 68000

Comparison to other LCD/CRT monitor displays.

6. PolySciSurfer macrumors 6502

Try looking at google links, and see what color they appear. For my 9C9E they were distinctly purple, where on every other computer I've ever used, they were blue. I think it's an issue with the displays. Personally, I tried calibrating with all kinds of different profiles and none helped.

7. mso4 macrumors regular

From what I've read here. 9C9F and 9CBD are the good screens. Supposedly 9C9E is the bad screen.

What city did you buy your MBP at? I'm in southern CA and visited an Apple store in Costa Mesa to check out their screen. All the 13 inch MBP on display had the 9C9E screens, so they all looked the same. I did noticed the 17 in MBP looked much better.

So I went to another store in Irvine, CA and checked their 13 MBP. There was one 9CBD next to a 9C9E. I opened iPhoto and compared the pictures side by side. I could not tell the difference.

Needless to say, I went home and ordered online since they didn't stock a Canon 620 printer. So we'll see which screen I get in a few days.

8. cababah macrumors 68000

A lot of people seem to be happy with their 9C9E after calibrating it. Samsung was the crappy screen in the uMB's as well.

9. CPPMaster macrumors member

I have the 9C9E, calibrated with Spyder2 PRO, and I would say that the colors are great. Maybe the ones that have the 9C9E does not know how to calibrate theirs screen.