Quick question about Preview??

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by umdjb, Apr 15, 2007.

1. umdjb macrumors regular

When I am performing a search in Preview is there any way to change the color of the highlighted information I am seeking from its current gray to something a little more conspicuous?

Thanks!

2. Kodex macrumors member

3. umdjb thread starter macrumors regular

That didn't work. When I search the PDF document I want to see a different color than the grey that is there for the highlighted word.

4. Kodex macrumors member

Once you start the search you need to reactive the PDF window. If it is not the front most window you will always see grey because its a background window. If you click on the PDF document you will see the color that you have selected in system prefs

Attached Files:

5. umdjb thread starter macrumors regular

That still doesnt work. What I mean is when I search for a text in the document using Preview's search, when the search is done and locates the word it is highlighted in grey. When I click in the word the grey turns to blue. But I was hoping there was a way to change the search from grey to blue.

6. Kodex macrumors member

No it cannot be done, when you do a search your PDF window is not active, the search bar drawer on the side is, anytime that OS X has a background window with a highlight on it the color becomes grey as to not confuse the user with which window is considered front most. The only way you can do it is to make the PDF document frontmost after each search to see the color.