Quick question about QuickPwn 2.1

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by benflick, Sep 24, 2008.

1. benflick macrumors 68020

benflick

Okay, so heres the deal, I am still using my old unlocked 2nd Gen. iPhone because my 3g is not unlocked yet but I got a hell of a deal on it. My old iPhone has 2.0 now, and tomorrow I plan on upgrading to 2.1:D
    How does Quickpwn work without restoring?
    If my iPhone has 2.0 now, should I upgrade to 2.1 first, and then Pwn (unlock) it?

That should be it, if i have anymore questions, i will post later.
    Thanks!:)

2. Mikey B macrumors 65816

Mikey B

yes. you should definitely restore to a fresh 2.1 and run quikpwn on that. I say to restore, though, only because it sounds like you aren't on 2.1 yet. if you were to quickpwn 2.0 and upgrade, you'd lose the jailbreak.

also, people are probably going to yell at you for not posting this in the "Hacks" section of the forum.

3. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

I upgraded from 2.0.2 to 2.1 when 2.1 came out, then I thought about jailbreaking. didn't think it was available for 2.1 so I restored to 2.0.2 then found out that it IS available for 2.1. Upgraded as a clean install to 2.1 and then Pwned(not unlock). it was actually very VERY easy to jailbreak on quickpwn 2.1 compared to other jailbreaking methods.

that might not answer your question, but oh well..

4. benflick thread starter macrumors 68020

benflick

thanks, im at larosas now so I can't do it now but I will certainly do thy later, thanks!