Quick question about the 13 inch 2.53Ghz MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by CDutch, Nov 26, 2009.

1. CDutch macrumors regular

I'm in the market for a MBP but am not in dire need of a new computer immediately as my current laptop works fine. My plan has been to wait for the next refresh then get the low end 13 inch MBP (hoping that it's an arrandale processor) and upgrading the memory to 4GB, after market. However, there's an online retailer selling the 2.53 Ghz model for $1299 which got my attention.

Is the deal on the 2.53 almost too good to pass up? Obviously, no one knows what Apple is going to with their next refresh but based on what I've read in the waiting for arrandale thread, it would seem that the low end 13 inch MBP will probably have a slightly slower processor but with turbo boost and hyper threading. Would the difference in performance between the current 2.53 ghz C2D and the i5's which would likely show up in the 13 inch MBP even be noticeable? Not to mention, I wouldn't have to upgrade the memory as the 13 inch 2.53 comes standard with 4GB of memory.

Again, I'm in no rush to make a purchase but if it's too good of a deal to pass up and the difference in performance between what's being speculated upon and what's currently available would be negligible, I'd be inclined to pull the trigger.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

2. tardman91 macrumors 6502a

tardman91

Yeah, that's a good deal. Who is selling it for that price? I'll buy one right now. Got a link?

3. lilskaterpunk macrumors regular

lilskaterpunk

Count me in too! Links? lol :p

4. beaner454 macrumors regular

Are you going to be charged Sales Tax?

If so you might want to see if you get charged for tax by Amazon. They're selling the 2.53GHz for $1414 right now, which is $10 less than the $1299 option+tax.

5. CDutch thread starter macrumors regular

6. tardman91 macrumors 6502a

tardman91

Id rather buy it from Amazon. No tax, free shipping, and no rebates. I hate rebates unless they're instant.

7. CDutch thread starter macrumors regular

Yep...for the $30 difference, Amazon is the way to go. Both good deals though.

8. dudeitsjay macrumors regular

I don't think its that great of a deal, especially so if tax is applicable.

If you're in the socal area, I'd highly suggest hitting up craigslist and picking up a NIB one, obviously being wary of scams and stolen items. I've been able to see prices on new 2.53 13''s for 1150-1200 flat. I picked up my 2.8 17'' NIB for $1500 that way :D