Quick question about the 27" with the GTX 780m

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Konner, Dec 28, 2013.

1. Konner macrumors member

I absolutely miss my old mid-2011 iMac I had, and since it was the base model 21.5" it had poor gaming performance. I'm going to get a almost maxed out 27" next year.

I just wanted to know from any mac gamers out there with this model, How well does it perform Windows wise/Mac wise in terms of graphical performance? Pretty much everything I play has a mac version, (League of legends, World of warcraft, max payne 3, rocksmith 2014) And I was curious on how well it works in graphical games such as max payne 3. I have 202 games on steam, (92 of them which have mac versions) and as since i love OS X way more than I do Windows is my reasoning to get an iMac, and with the GPU it has it seems it'll be good for what I do. But I want to hear others take on how it performs.

2. Mac32 macrumors 65816

Well, my overclocked 680MX performs just below the level of a GTX680 at stock speed. The 780M should be very similar. So just look at GTX680 benchmarks as a guide, and your future iMac will probably be slightly below those scores (I've read 780M has slightly less overclocking headroom then a 680MX though, but I don't have any first-hand experience with that GPU.)