Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

d28z28

Suspended
Original poster
Apr 20, 2015
Can someone running the iOS 9 beta answer a question for me about the iCloud Drive app? Does it display JPEG (and other file) previews? Currently iCloud Drive at iCloud.com does not display JPEG previews - making it pretty useless for me to store any images there in it's current state.

I'd love for iCloud Drive to replace Google Drive but I'd need this ability (for JPEGs, PDFs and other file types) before I could get serious about it.

hojx

macrumors 6502
Jan 18, 2014
Singapore
Can someone running the iOS 9 beta answer a question for me about the iCloud Drive app? Does it display JPEG (and other file) previews? Currently iCloud Drive at iCloud.com does not display JPEG previews - making it pretty useless for me to store any images there in it's current state.

I'd love for iCloud Drive to replace Google Drive but I'd need this ability (for JPEGs, PDFs and other file types) before I could get serious about it.

The current in-app iCloud file picker in iOS 8 already shows image and PDF thumbnail previews so it is safe to say iCloud Drive app in iOS 9 does show previews.

fatherfork

macrumors newbie
May 14, 2015

Yes, the iCloud Drive app in iOS 9 shows previews.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.