Quick Question about the non-retina MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Ksubi, Jun 17, 2012.

1. Ksubi macrumors member

Yesterday, I went to the Apple store for a visit and I tried out the new Retina MBP. However, I didn't really liked it and didn't meet my expectations. I decided to go for a 15inch Macbook Pro 2012

Just a few questions:

1) What's the difference between 2.3 and 2.6GHz? Is it much of a difference? I'm thinking of getting the base model, with 8GB of RAM upgraded.

2) Glossy or Anti-Glare? Will one which give me a better resolution quality?

2. Rizzm macrumors 6502a

1) The difference is 2.6/2.3 when the CPU is running at its peak (x number of cores if they're being utilized).

2) The glossy display has more accurate colors, darker blacks, whiter whites, and an overall better picture. None of this is worth it to me if you can't completely control room lighting. Anti-glare is my vote.

3. Glockron macrumors member

I can't tell you about the CPUs, but you should definitely get the anti-glare. I've seen it on my friends Mac, and it looks fab.

Also - you get the nice silver bezel that complements the rest of the unibody.

4. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

If your going with the non retina do the RAM upgrade our self you will save money

5. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

The speed difference b/t 2.3 and 2.6 depends on the application but its maybe 10-15 sec savings per min. Not a whole lot for one task. If you do a lot of batch processing or video encoding, ect. then it adds up.

Matte/anti-glare vs. Glossy isn't about resolution. The resolution is identical on both. Matte will give you more honest print colors where glossy is more vibrant, if over saturated, eye candy. Matte screens can be used anywhere, with glossy screens, the less direct light the better.