Quick Question about the Retina

Ksubi

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 12, 2012
1) Do we really need retina? Is it that neccessary? Would you still use an original Macbook without retina?

2) Would all applications look effective with retina? (meaning no blurriness)

Kyllle

macrumors 6502
Apr 25, 2011
It's not "necessary," computers will still work without it. But I'm guessing thatonceyou go retina, you won't want to go back. At least that's how it's been for the iphone and ipad.

And applications not designed for the retina screen will look the same as they would on a normal screen, but it may appear slightly blurry or fuzzy on the retina screen if you're used to only retina images/applications.

Comment

dHk

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2012
1) Do we really need retina? Is it that neccessary? Would you still use an original Macbook without retina?

2) Would all applications look effective with retina? (meaning no blurriness)
1) Do we really need retina? Is it that neccessary? Would you still use an original Macbook without retina?: For pro video editors, photoshoppers, etc. The retina display would change and revolutionize their work. For normal workers, web browsing, etc, we do not need retina.

2) Would all applications look effective with retina? (meaning no blurriness): Applications looks sharp without retina. Retina just enhances them.

Comment

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
1) Do we really need retina? Is it that neccessary? Would you still use an original Macbook without retina?: For pro video editors, photoshoppers, etc. The retina display would change and revolutionize their work. For normal workers, web browsing, etc, we do not need retina.

2) Would all applications look effective with retina? (meaning no blurriness): Applications looks sharp without retina. Retina just enhances them.
exactly this. It won't make a big difference to the average user. I mostly will use my mac for streaming and web surfing, so retina is not a big deal.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.