Quick Question about the Retina

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Ksubi, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Ksubi macrumors member

1) Do we really need retina? Is it that neccessary? Would you still use an original Macbook without retina?

2) Would all applications look effective with retina? (meaning no blurriness)

2. Ksubi thread starter macrumors member

3. Kyllle macrumors 6502

It's not "necessary," computers will still work without it. But I'm guessing thatonceyou go retina, you won't want to go back. At least that's how it's been for the iphone and ipad.

And applications not designed for the retina screen will look the same as they would on a normal screen, but it may appear slightly blurry or fuzzy on the retina screen if you're used to only retina images/applications.

4. dHk macrumors member

1) Do we really need retina? Is it that neccessary? Would you still use an original Macbook without retina?: For pro video editors, photoshoppers, etc. The retina display would change and revolutionize their work. For normal workers, web browsing, etc, we do not need retina.

2) Would all applications look effective with retina? (meaning no blurriness): Applications looks sharp without retina. Retina just enhances them.

5. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

exactly this. It won't make a big difference to the average user. I mostly will use my mac for streaming and web surfing, so retina is not a big deal.