Quick question about updates

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Catcher, Jan 25, 2012.

1. Catcher macrumors regular

When Cydia apps that you have downloaded are updated is their anyway of being informed other than manually looking through Cydia?

2. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Cydia is a UI front end for apt-get, apt-get need to refresh its sources before it can let you know if any update is available or not, this doesn't happen unless you open Cydia.

As a workaround there are some Scheduling app you can install and then have a script call for a apt-get update in the background, but this have to be done on using command line, if you are confortable with that it is a lot easier to just open cydia once in a while.

3. Catcher thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the answer. So if I understand correctly when I go into Cydia it will let me know if any updates are available?

4. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Yes, the first thing that cydia does when you open it is refresh it sources and let you know if any package have an update. (unless you open it again in less that 60sec, then it will skip it)

5. Catcher thread starter macrumors regular

6. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

7. duck33 macrumors regular

I almost forgot. If you have a twitter account just follow @CydiaRepos there, you'll see all the updates along with a link to click on.