Carrier Quick question about Verizon Upgrades in an Apple Store

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by geneticfusion, Dec 7, 2016.

1. geneticfusion macrumors member

So the only place to have the model IPhone 7 Plus I want is an Apple Store. I'm currently on the device payment plan through Verizon and can upgrade. However, I'm not the account holder. If I'm added as an Account Manager, will Apple let me still upgrade or will the Account Holder have to be there since I'm on the Device Payment Plan?

2. dionnfr macrumors member

--- Post Merged, Dec 7, 2016 ---
    As long as you are on the account as an account manager you can make changes to your number. I did just that yesterday. Make sure you have all the log in info including the pin.

3. geneticfusion thread starter macrumors member

Thank you. I got it! 7 Plus Jet Black. Another question, the guy at Apple said that I have to mail my old phone in, can I just take it to a Verizon store instead of mailing it? I'd rather hand it to a person.

4. MaskedCarrot macrumors regular

You will have to mall it in. Verizon stores can only take an edge up phone if it is done at a Verizon store at the time of purchase.

When you edge up at a 3rd party store, call Verizon and request a return label to return the phone.

5. geneticfusion thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the help! I got a package from Apple just wanted to make sure. Loving this phone.