iPod Quick question about video managment on iPod/itunes??

nospleen

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 8, 2002
Texas
Hello,

If I tell itunes to sync only unwatched TV shows, what constitutes a watched show? If I start it and watch only 5 minutes of a 30 minute show, is it going to delete it off of the iPod on the next sync? Or, does it have to get to the end first? I know it is a dumb question, so sorry if it has been answered before...

smitty330

macrumors member
Jul 20, 2006
Illinios
Well, for play count for songs iTunes does not count a song listened to until you listen to the entire song. SO, I believe that it wouldn't take that show off until you have watched it with in its entirety. I am not positive but pretty sure. Give it a test if you wanna see i guess.

-Matthew

nospleen

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 8, 2002
Texas
smitty330 said:
Well, for play count for songs iTunes does not count a song listened to until you listen to the entire song. SO, I believe that it wouldn't take that show off until you have watched it with in its entirety. I am not positive but pretty sure. Give it a test if you wanna see i guess.

-Matthew
I am hoping that is how it works...

zwida

macrumors 6502a
Jan 5, 2001
NYC
As Smitty330 mentioned, it doesn't update the play count, but in my experience, iTunes considers a show "watched" for syncing purposes once you've started viewing it.

I'm almost certain that it uses the same rule for podcasts.